Friday 26 April 2013

Wardrobe Dilemmas (The Black/White Edition)


The other day as I looked from my silver bomber jacket to my leopard print knit to my fluoro pink printed skirt I felt a little overloaded. Where were the clean lines, neutral shades and go-with-anything pieces? 

I keep buying totally out there clothing. Bold, colourful, metallic, printed... you name it. I am like a bower bird on steroids. 

This kind of shopping really isn't sustainable. We all love a good hero piece as it can glue an entire outfit together. But you can't have an outfit made up entirely of hero pieces. 

Minimalism has been dominating the fashun landscape recently. And I'm dipping my toes into the water to soothe my print-overloaded soul.

My favourite minimalist micro-trend is the power combination of black and white. It may not be a new look but it feels fresh worn head-to-toe in geometric prints and with metal hardware. 

Not convinced? 

Keep scrolling baby and you'll be hooked. 


SHOP THE LOOK




Photographs and street stalking via Fashion Gone Rogue, Le 21emeLa Modella Mafia, Style.com and the world wide web. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fash Dates