Wednesday 27 March 2013

To Dye Or Not To Dye


I have a confession. Until recently I was a hair dye virgin.

My natural dark brown hair and fair skin didn't really leave me with many options. I don't have to go blonde to know it would be a disaster.

Sure I could get highlights or lowlights but I've never been convinced it would make enough of a lasting impact.

To make it worth it, I would need to change my hair colour radically. The idea of doing this to my hair sends shivers down my spine.

But then a funny thing happened.

Miu Miu released it's SS13 ad campaign and I was suddenly daydreaming of being the proud owner of lush red hair. Formerly brunette Bette Franke did such a convincing red head turn that I began to think: why couldn't I?

And so I did.

I went to a professional colourist despite being so nervous that I was shaking. Two or so hours later I looked more or less like Bette Franke in these campaigns. Minus the long legs. And the face. And the body. But pretty darned close.

So if you find ever yourself faced with the question to dye or not to dye...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fash Dates